Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Samsung I9003 Galaxy S comes with a Super Clear LCD?

It seems the Samsung I9000 is going the way of the dodo. Rumors say so - the original Galaxy S will obviously be discontinued in favor of the I9003, which is the same phone except for one key difference - the screen.
The Samsung I9000 Galaxy S debuted the 4" SuperAMOLED screen, which we later saw on the Samsung I8700 Omnia 7 and the full range of Galaxy S for the US market.
This new I9003 has the same specs as the I9000 except that the SuperAMOLED screen is replaced by a Super Clear LCD type of screen (again 4" WVGA). We weren't too happy with the Samsung Wave II's 3.7" Super Clear LCD, so this feels like a downgrade to us.
Vodafone Germany will still ship the Samsung Galaxy S with a SuperAMOLED (the I9000 model), so the change won't affect all markets, at least not instantly.
All this is just rumors at this point, so we can't know for sure until someone makes an official announcement.
It seems Samsung's capacity to produce SuperAMOLED screens can't match the huge demand - even Google's new flagship, the Nexus S, will be using Super Clear LCD in Russia and in Italy.
Is Samsung refocusing its factories to the new SuperAMOLED Plus screen for the yet to be announced Samsung Galaxy S2?

1 comment: